Thursday, May 15, 2014

Awakening Statue, Roper's Garden (12) Chelsea Marathon, 10" x 8", Oil board

This is number 12 of my current series of paintings and drawings of the Chelsea area.

Awakening Statue, Roper's Garden (12) Chelsea Marathon, 10" x 8", Oil board


I visited this garden once or twice in the past and I always thought this was a great place to relax.

But this time around I wasn't going to miss out including it in my Chelsea Marathon!

That's the business taking place in full speed!


I went there on a nice spring evening with my plein-air gearocycle and just got down to painting it!

It was a great day as I also sang while I painted!

Reference pic of the scene, I should have taken it when the light was booming!


But before long the clouds changed and the rains were warning of its arrival, so I had to stop and get going.

The whole set up of my "plein-air gearocycle"


SPECIAL QUOTE
"The scene does not to be painted EXACTLY how it is! One has to have an inborn editor which takes and adds to the scene to give it the right visual appeal."-Adebanji Alade

Feel free to comment, like and share with social media buttons below.


No comments: